40ft High Cube Container/reefer, Thermoking Magnum unit, air+water at the same time?

we're about to receive delivery of 5 used 40ft high cube refrigerated containers with thermoking units on them - unsure on exact model, they're apparently newer ones good for -40'C ?

we'll be using them for blast freezers, so I'll be adding more systems to them

until I have time to get all those commissioned we'll still need to use the containers

they come setup for air or water cooled condensers.. (air for on land, water for on ship?)

anyway, we have a spare water chiller here... There's a water pressure/flow switch to detect water cooling and disable the condenser fan, I'm assuming the compressor discharge goes through the air cooled condenser then the water cooled one no matter what?

So could I bypass the water switch to keep the fan running, then run chilled water through the water cooled condenser to lower condenser temps and increase system cooling capacity?

water chiller isn't big enough to absorb all the heat from the units... but it should drop the liquid line temp a good few degrees ?

I'll have to double check but off the top of my head I think the water chiller runs about 35kw of cooling at 10'C

anyone know much about those units?

anyone have any input/ideas?

Re: 40ft High Cube Container/reefer, Thermoking Magnum unit, air+water at the same ti

Last edited by seanf; 19-06-2024 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Nothing useful, so deleted.

Re: 40ft High Cube Container/reefer, Thermoking Magnum unit, air+water at the same ti

I have no idea... I didn't think of that :-o

guess I could try a pump in a bucket first as a test